We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
Metro Rod regularly unblock drains across Warrington but how much do you know about this town in North West England?
Warrington was founded by the Romans as a crossing point on the River Mersey and since this time the town of Warrington has just got bigger and busier! Growing throughout the Middle Ages as a market town and expanding rapidly through the Industrial Revolution Warrington has always been an important place in the North West and Metro Rod are proud to service the area, daily unblocking drains, carrying out pre – planned maintenance works on the towns drainage problems and also carrying out CCTV surveys on the newly formed housing estates and business parks.
Did you know though that;
- Warrington was home to the first Ikea store in the UK? It opened in 1987 to serve Britain with flat pack furniture and delicious meatballs!
- Warrington is well known across the Atlantic? In World War 2 Warrington had the largest airbase for the US Air Force outside of America, in Burtonwood. Find out more here!
- Warrington Central Library is thought to be the first in the country to become an ‘open rate supported public library’. Founded in 1760 the book lending service was known as Warrington Circulating Library and it stopped charging for it’s services in 1848, the first one in the UK to do so.
- The first MMR vaccine to be given in the UK was given by Dr Paterson at Warrington General Hospital in 1971.
- Alice in Wonderland creator, Lewis Carroll was born in Warrington (Daresbury to be exact!) Is this where the idea of the Cheshire Cat came from?!
- Disney series ‘The Evermore Chronicles‘ was partly filmed in a Warrington warehouse – and we unblocked the drains on set!
- It’s sports teams are very successful! Warrington Wolves Rugby League Football Club (whose stadium we have carried out drainage works on also) have never been relegated and their non-league football club, Warrington Town won a massive tie against Exeter City, a massive 100 places above them in the league, shown live on BBC!
- They have an absolutely fantastic drainage company that operate throughout the town?! Metro Rod happily serve the 202,000 population on Warrington on a daily basis, working for local landlords, letting agents, domestic clients, educational outlets, business parks and a massive variety of other sites unblocking drains, root cutting, clearing fat and grease from drainage systems in local pubs and restaurants and providing CCTV surveys to ensure that the newly built properties have clear drains to begin their lives with.
If you live in Warrington and require the services of Metro Rod please don’t hesitate to contact us, we would love to hear from you.
You can either
Call us on 0151 909 2807
Email us on [email protected]
or you can connect with Jenny, our Business Development Manager on LinkedIn
We operate genuinely 24/7 – we unblock drains or attend to similar drainage problems at times to suit our customers, not ourselves! We hope to hear from you soon!