Metro Rod Norwich offers a fast and efficient drain clearing service in Norwich, across Norfolk and North Suffolk. We are proud to say that our drain clearing techniques are environmentally friendly too! Not a single drop of chemical is used in our High Pressure Water Jetting service. It’s just water, expertly applied with state of the art ‘jetting’ equipment. These ‘High Pressure Water Jetters’ (HPWJ) are so powerful that our engineers undergo rigorous training in order to qualify to use them and they are members of The Water Jetting Association I’ll have you know!
HPWJ is the fast, efficient, cost effective solution to a blocked drain, we can work on both domestic and commercial properties, we can work with drains and pipes of varying sizes, pipes constructed from different material to ensure a thorough resolution. The team here have been operating for 19 years, so you are in safe hands.
Our services include:-
Clearing Blocked Drains
It’s a fact that pipes and drains block up and not necessarily due to misuse although fats, grease and items such as wipes can play a part.
Sometimes the drain will be damaged or have reached the end of its life, although most times clearance or drain unblocking with the most appropriate technique will offer a long term solution.
One thing is certain, nobody wants blocked drains or pipes and this is where Metro Rod can help.
All techniques currently in use for drain repairs are approved by local Water Authorities and the Water Research Centre (WRC).
No-Dig or Trenchless Repairs
No-Dig Repair options vary depending on the application, but they all involve inserting a liner into a drain which is impregnated with resin. The liner is moved into position, whether it is local or full length, and then inflated to give a water tight repair by effectively making a thin strong layer inside the existing drain. When the required cure time has elapsed, the means of inflating the repair is removed to restore the full drain function and integrity.
Localised Structural Repairs (LSRs)
- Patch Liners – This localised repair offers a cost-effective solution to fix individual defects within a drain or sewer.
- Ambient Cured Lining – Ambient cured lining consists of the full or partial lining of sewers or drains to cover multiple defects.
- Heat Cured Lining – This is like Ambient cured lining; however, Heat Cured Lining is predominantly used for larger diameter pipes or where an increased resistance to chemical attack is required.
- Excavation – Excavation is the traditional method of drain repair and replacement and a technique used for new drains, drain replacement, to rectify collapsed drains or to gain access to lining repairs.
Drain Survey and Sewer Inspection
There are several ways in which Metro Rod can help you with your drain surveys and sewer inspection.
- iTouch Live CCTV inspection – We can provide completely transparent and virtual, real-time reports directly to you.Using iTouch Live, the data collected from site is streamed in real time. With geography no longer a factor, our team of technical support managers are also able to provide instant technical assistance to each of our local offices, ensuring that even the most complex of cases is analysed efficiently.
- Homebuyer’s Survey – Buying a home is likely to be the single biggest financial decision in your life, the last thing you need is a myriad of underlying drainage issues that have come to haunt you through bad planning. For example, drain damage in homes is often caused by old age and tree roots from out the home, which creates blockages and causes water to leak into the surrounding soil. If this issue is not rectified, it can lead to further problems involving drain collapse and subsidence.
- Vendor: On the other hand, if you are selling your property, you won’t want to be delayed by damaged drains being discovered during your purchaser survey.If your drainage issues aren’t fixed, you may be forced to sell your property at a lower price or you may be forced to repair these defects at your cost will little notice. In the worst case, the purchaser may even withdraw their offer.
- Purchaser: You require the peace of mind that your dream home is not going to reveal any unexpected problems. The last thing you need is having to fork out money to repair damaged drains when you have already pushed yourself financially. In modern times and with general tightening of insurance policy schedules, it’s not often that your insurance company will pick up the tab in a new home if your drainage issue an inherited problem, especially in the absence of a survey. In fact, a drain survey is something that mortgage lenders, surveyors and home insurance companies insist on for properties over a certain age or value.
- Build over survey: Build over surveys are carried out before and after building work. Are you planning an extension? If you are looking for an extension or conservatory on your existing property, the local water authority is going to insist that you carry out a CCTV survey if you are building over or near their assets. This ensures that: – There are no defects on the drains that will be concealed by the extension.
– That any defects are identified and repaired prior to or during building works.
– That building works do not cause any damage to the asset short or long term.
- Large diameter surveys: Metro Rod has a wide variety of the latest CCTV camera units, and we survey larger drainers using crawler units which can provide a panoramic view of the drain condition. Surveys are carried out to the latest 5th edition of the WRC Manual of Sewer Condition and Classification, which is the industry standard.
As a genuine 24/7 company, we are able to carry out these works in silent hours to avoid disruption and loss of trade.
Your business is unique and often has complex drainage requirements. A PPM agreement will help to prevent drainage emergencies from occurring and we are able to tailor a service that will support all your internal pipes and drains, incorporating such things as;
- Basin and urinal pipework
- Cleaner’s sinks
- Drains from bakeries
- Food processors
- External rainwater drains (to guard against flooding).
Our professional and experienced engineers will visit your site and advise on the best course of action to help prevent costly drainage emergencies from occurring in the future.
Contact Metro Rod Norwich now on 01508 535127 or our Call Centre anytime on 0800 668800, who will arrange for one of our team to attend site at a time convenient to you and assess your exact requirements. We can get you all set up in 4 simple steps.
Step 1 -A Metro Rod Engineer will visit your premises to carry out a FREE site survey. They will analyse previous drainage problems and highlight areas of concern.
Step 2 – We usually recommend an initial clean that will return the pipework to full flow and optimum performance.
Step 3 – Bespoke programme is prepared showing which part of your system requires more frequent attention.
Step 4 – By prior arrangement and at a time which is convenient to you and your business, our engineers will carry out scheduled works as agreed. A tailor-made solution for your business.
Fat and Grease Management
If you work in a business which creates waste fat and grease (such as a commercial kitchen or food production factory), you could face real drainage problems if you regularly allow waste to enter your drains.
Congealed fats can account for as much as 95% of drain blockages where food waste is involved so it is important to have a proper plan in place to ensure that minimal fat and grease goes down the drain.
Metro Rod can provide a simple, effective and environmentally friendly way to clear the build-up of organic grease and fat that cause drain blockages. Our compact units use the latest bio-technology, removing the need for traditional, more expensive drainage maintenance programmes.
We’ll install, maintain and fully service your unit, and as the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor, we’ll fully guarantee each unit too.
Septic Tank Management
Management of Septic Tanks
Many rural properties will adopt a septic tank drainage system, which will require periodic maintenance. They are often left untouched until problems of smell or blockage arise. This can be too late to avoid the soak away blocking and resulting in additional and often expensive works. Manufacturers recommend that septic tanks are emptied at regular intervals, although this will depend on the design capacity and use. A well-designed system can have capacity such that maintenance intervals can be up to 12 months, this will reduce significantly if more people live in a property that the system was designed for. A good example of this is property which has been modernises or extended to accommodate extra family members.
Cesspits and Septic Tanks need regular emptying to avoid contamination of the surrounding areas. Waste inside the Septic Tank will build-up and our 3000 gallon waste disposal tankers will be able to empty the tank and dispose of the sewage in the correct manner.
- Emptying Cesspits and Septic Tanks
- Pre-Planned Maintenance
- 24/7 Service
- UK Wide Coverage
Septic tanks are most commonly found in rural areas where properties are not connected to main sewer systems, and it’s recommended that these are emptied at least once a year. We are able to o empty your Septic Tank and dispose of the waste in the most environmentally suitable manner – usually at your nearest sewage treatment works.
If required or asked to do so, we will even clean your septic tank, making sure that everything is in full working order and that no potential problems will arise in the near future. It may also be worth finding out more information on our pre-planned maintenance service where we can schedule in the emptying of your septic tank months in advance meaning that you don’t have to worry about getting in touch every time you need us.
Vacuum tankers are an excellent method for flood water relief, providing quick removal of water and other debris. Suction is via a 4” hose and we can remove 2000 gallons of dirty water in a matter of minutes.
Emptying of road gullies and de-silting
Flooding can cause many issues, mainly the deposit of silt in sewers and road gullies. The silt then settles preventing gullies and sewers draining effectively and efficiently. Combination tankers are an excellent method for relieving these issues, as not only can they remove silt from gullies via vacuum, they also offer the facility to flush through silted sewers and remove the silt, thus returning the sewer to a serviceable condition.
Jetting operations on large sewers
Tankers are designed for the removal of debris and cleaning of large sewers. Rather than using high pressures to blast through blockages, tankers use high flows at lower pressures which ensures thorough cleaning quickly.
Gutter clearing is an essential part of building maintenance and blocked gutters can cause big problems. The innovative Metro Vac system uses long poles that can reach up to 10 metres high to clean gutters from ground level; this removes the need for expensive scaffolding.
An industrial grade wet vacuum cleaner is attached to the poles which will easily lift moss, leaves and debris from the gutters.
A camera mounted on the top of the pole sends real time video to a monitor viewed by the operator. This allows our engineers to precision clean and process large amounts of guttering quickly, safely and efficiently.
Why use Metro Vac?
- Cost effective – Reduces the requirement for expensive access equipment
- No Mess – sucks gutters clean using wet and dry vacuum
- Perfect for hard to reach areas such as over atriums
- Reduces risk – minimises the need to work at height
- Precision cleaning – on-board cameras operated by skilled and professional engineers
- Radiator replacement – Our team of plumbers can help you identify the issue with your radiator, whether it’s a build up of sludge or trapped air, our friendly team of engineers will visit your property to rectify the issue. If a replacement radiator is required, we will do this with an equivalent size and style radiator.
- Tap repair or replacement – If you’ve got a constantly dripping or leaking tap, one of our skilled engineers will diagnose what is causing the problem and then carry out repair work to solve the issue and stop it reoccurring in the future. Should a replacement be required, we can advise on tap replacement and arrange to carry out the work, using like-for-like parts.
- Repairing leaking or burst pipes – Our skilled plumbers will visit your property, isolate the leak and repair or replace any damaged pipework, enabling the plumbing in your property to function correctly. Whether that means carrying out welding on copper pipes, using specialist fittings for plastic pipes, or cutting and reshaping pipes to alleviate the problems, we will ensure that our work prevents future leaks from occurring.
- Toilet replacement or repair – If you’ve got a leaking toilet, one of our plumbers can visit your property to identify what is causing the problem and carry out the repair – Our plumbers are trained to work on a variety of different types of toilets. If your toilet is not functioning correctly or leaking we can either, replace the whole toilet with like for like parts or repair any problems.
- Waste trap replacement or repair – Waste traps are designed to stop unpleasant odours from drains and sewers from entering your property. If you notice a pool of water under their sink or bath for example, give our team a call today and one of our plumbers will work swiftly to identify the problem and make any necessary repairs to your waste trap.
Bespoke Commercial Services
Emergency 24 hour Call Outs
4 Hour Support
At Metro Rod, we understand that drainage emergencies can happen at any time, day or night.
This is why we offer our customers a 24 hour freephone helpline, which is available 365 days a year.
You can call our helpline on 0800 66 88 00.
Our UK based Call Centre is manned by helpful and professional operators, who will assess your call and arrange the assistance you require, as well as providing you with an accurate response time. If your call is an emergency, they will contact your most local depot and arrange for an engineer to visit you as quickly as possible.
We specialise in the below common emergency situations:
- Blocked drains
- Smelly drains
- Overflowing drains
- Leaking pipes
- Frozen or burst pipes
- Slow running sinks or baths
- Blocked soak aways and septic tanks
- Flooded property
- Grease management
Flash Floods are a real emergency. They are unpredictable in nature and can occur in a manner of minutes. We have put together some advice to follow if heavy rain means flooding is possible. To find out what to do in a flash flood click here.