METRO ROD UNBLOCK DRAINS IN PRESCOT EVERYDAY…
but what do you know of Prescot?
Prescot is a part of Knowsley. The name Prescot comes literally from the words ‘Priest Cot’ indicating a small cottage or home, inhabited by a priest. This religious theme continues even today, as Prescot has no less than 7 churches in the town centre!
But what do Metro Rod offer to the 14,000+ people who live in Prescot?
As always, Metro Rod offer their great drainage services,
- Drain Unblocking – including toilets, sinks, urinals and so on.
- Pre Planned Maintenance Programmes for drains, trying to minimise the likelihood of drainage problems going forwards.
- Gutter Cleaning, either manually or using our innovative Gutter Vac, depending on access.
- Grease Trap Emptying, depending on the volume of the trap we can utilise our wet vac or tanker to empty and dispose of fat and grease.
- Graffiti Removal – Fast, effective, environmentally friendly graffiti removal from a variety of surfaces.
- CCTV surveys of sites. At the end of a site a company may wish to get a survey of the drains, ensuring that they are clear after building works and free flowing, we perform these surveys daily for clients using the I-touch system, which is cloud based so fast to get results back to site.
- Metro Rod operate genuinely 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that we never let down a client. Our phones will always be answered directly by an on call manager who can immediately start assessing any problems and advise on the best course of action.
What is there to do in Prescot though?
The edge of Prescot holds the estate of Lord Derby, which is home to the famous Knowsley Safari Park. We have worked on the estate many times over the past few years, finding drains on their vast site and clearing drains for them.
Prescot has a historic connection with William Shakespeare! The Prescot Playhouse was there from the 1590s to 1609, a purpose built Shakesperian Theatre!
In the 18th and 19th Century Prescot was the centre of the watch and clock making industry. In 1910 this ended with the failure of the Lancashire watch making company, but Prescot Museum has a permanent exhibition about the history of clock and watch making in the area.
Prescot is home to the Cables Shopping Centre – located on Steley Way in Prescot it is home to many big brands including Argos, Next, Boots and B&M, many of whom we maintain the drains for!
Stone Street in Prescot is one of the narrowest streets in the UK at just 26″ wide! Read about it here. Unfortunately not wide enough for one of our vans or tankers to enter!
Prescot is home to a few famous ‘Ex-Pats’ – Daniel Craig (James Bond himself!) spent some of his childhood here, Sue Johnston (from Brookside, The Royle Family and Coronation Street) was born in Warrington but brought up in Prescot and Stuart Sutcliffe from the Beatles’ early days attended Prescot Grammar School.
We here at Metro Rod love working in Prescot and are always looking for more work here. If you are a site manager, a business owner or a domestic home owner who would like to talk with a professional company regarding any drainage matters please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can contact us on:
Our email address, [email protected]
Going to our website, www.metrorod.co.uk/Liverpool
Calling us direct on 0151 909 2807
Or connecting with Jenny, our Business Development Manager on LinkedIn.
We would love to hear from you with any drain problems – from the smallest sink to the biggest stink!