Getting ready to head off on your summer holidays and the last thing you will be thinking about is your drains, but every year we are called out by people who’ve returned from their lovely sun filled holidays, all relaxed and suitcases packed with little trinkets and souvenirs only to find blocked drains, toilet and sink blockages, producing a foul smell, blockages causing flooded ares and leaks, none of which you want on your return from your relaxing holiday.
Here a few quick tips to help avoid coming home to a drainage problem:
- Turn off the mains water supply – this will help prevent any flooding and leaks
- Clear external water drains of any twigs and leaves
- Do not pour fat or grease down the kitchen sink
- Run boiling water down slow draining sinks
- Do not flush wipes down the toilet – only loo paper goes down the loo
Of course if you do unfortunately return home from your summer holiday to bad smells, sink blockages, blocked drains or flooding, then we are here to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week – call us 0n 0808 250 9905, email us on [email protected] or fill in our website contact form