Damage to drains can escalate quickly, so it’s good to know what to look out for so you can catch problems early on and book in a drain repair.
Metro Rod Northampton are available all year round which means when you are faced with an emergency that needs fixing we are the ones to call. Whether it’s leaking pipe, collapsed drain, or blocked toilet Metro Rod Northampton will have the skills and equipment to fix it. We do offer a range of different drain repair solutions, with all our techniques and equipment being checked by the Water Research Centre, so you can rest assured that you will be getting the best quality drain repair.
What causes damage to drains?
- Root related damage – tree and plant roots will grow down into the ground, where they can make their way into the smallest cracks and joints in your drains and pipes. Here they stay and feed on the nutrients passing through which allows them to grow. Overtime, the roots will expand and potentially split open the once small cracks which can create quite a problem for your drains.
- Freeze-thaw action – in winter this can be a problem for your drains, as the water freezes in your pipes it will expand which can fracture the pipes, the problem is noticeable when this frozen water begins to thaw and will leak out of the fracture pipes, which in serious cases can lead to flooding.
- General wear and tear – our drains and pipes aren’t indestructible so over time they will be subjected to normal wear and tear and corrosion underground.
Signs you may need a drain repair:
- Low water pressure could indicate either a blocked drain or pipe, or it could mean there is a leak or broken pipe that needs a drain repair.
- Damp coming through your walls or ceilings may indicate that there is leaking pipe, so to prevent any further damage to your home or business, get in contact with Metro Rod to find out more about needing a drain repair.
- Increased water bills, but no increase in use may indicate a leak in your water pipes. You can test this by taking a water meter reading and not using any water for a couple of hours, before taking another reading to see if there has been a change. If the meter has gone up but you haven’t used any water then you may have a leak.
If you suspect you may have a damaged drain and are in need of a Metro Rod Northampton drain repair then get in contact with us. We offer a variety of solutions, including ‘no-dig’ and ‘trenchless’ repairs which means we can minimise disruption to your property.
Metro Rod Northampton offer services across Northampton and the surrounding areas. Dealing with blocked drains, drain repair, CCTV surveys and septic tank maintenance. We believe in simple things and make sure we follow them through; available 24/7, professional, value for money service during and after the job and peace of mind in the fact that all our engineers are highly trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
Make sure you get in touch with us through any of the following:
Enquire through our website: https://www.metrorod.co.uk/local/northampton/
Get in touch with us via email: [email protected]
Call us on 01327 878078
For any drainage needs, we are the drainage experts. We look forward to hearing from you soon!