Drain Surveys and Sewer Inspection
Metro Rod is an industry expert in drain surveys and sewer examination and reporting.
CCTV Drain Surveys and Sewer Inspection
The industry experts in drain surveys and sewer examination and reporting
There a number of reasons why you may decide that your home or building’s drains need inspecting. Sewers and drains can both become clogged or damaged, and when these problems are suspected accurate inspection and diagnosis is critical to cost effective maintenance.
Metro Rod is an industry expert in drain surveys and sewer examination reporting with years of experience in the industry. Therefore, you can trust that we are extremely knowledgeable and know how to solve any issue.
Why choose Metro Rod?
As well as being Market leaders and industry experts, at Metro Rod we are committed to providing our customers with a first-class service. By investing in innovative technologies such as iTouch Live CCTV inspection, we are able to maintain the high standards of service which we are known for, but in a much quicker and more efficient way than ever before.
We are also the first national drainage company to roll out the iTouch technology, where we are able to deliver a CCTV inspection report to you and you can view in ‘real time’.
How can we help you?
There are several ways in which Metro Rod can help you with your drain surveys and sewer inspection.
- iTouch Live CCTV inspection – Metro Rod has invested heavily in the very latest CCTV inspection equipment and software, meaning that we can provide completely transparent and virtual, real-time reports directly to you.Using iTouch Live, the data collected from site is streamed in real time to the local office for processing. In most cases, your inspection report has already progressed to the next step before our engineer has finished packing up his tools.With geography no longer a factor, our team of technical support managers are also able to provide instant technical assistance to each of our local offices, ensuring that even the most complex of cases is analysed efficiently.
All of this means that we are able to conclude each of our inspection reports far more quickly than before, allowing us to closely evaluate the problem and report back to you on the most effective solutions to your problem. Each report can be delivered instantly through our live web portal, or should you prefer, we can still place a printed copy and a DVD in the post to you.
As an alternative to the iTouch Live CCTV inspection, we can also offer reports using the traditional WINCAN reporting software.
- Homebuyer’s Survey – Buying a home is likely to be the single biggest financial decision in your life, the last thing you need is a myriad of underlying drainage issues that have come to haunt you through bad planning.For example, drain damage in homes is often caused by old age and tree roots from out the home, which creates blockages and causes water to leak into the surrounding soil. If this issue is not rectified, it can lead to further problems involving drain collapse and subsidence.
- Vendor: On the other hand, if you are selling your property, you won’t want to be delayed by damaged drains being discovered during your purchaser survey.If your drainage issues aren’t fixed, you may be forced to sell your property at a lower price or you may be forced to repair these defects at your cost will little notice. In the worst case, the purchaser may even withdraw their offer.
- Purchaser: You require the peace of mind that your dream home is not going to reveal any unexpected problems. The last thing you need is having to fork out money to repair damaged drains when you have already pushed yourself financially.In modern times and with general tightening of insurance policy schedules, it’s not often that your insurance company will pick up the tab in a new home if your drainage issue an inherited problem, especially in the absence of a survey. In fact, a drain survey is something that mortgage lenders, surveyors and home insurance companies insist on for properties over a certain age or value.
- Build over survey: Build over surveys are carried out before and after building work. Are you planning an extension? If you are looking for an extension or conservatory on your existing property, the local water authority is going to insist that you carry out a CCTV survey if you are building over or near their assets. This ensures that:- There are no defects on the drains that will be concealed by the extension.
– That any defects are identified and repaired prior to or during building works.
– That building works do not cause any damage to the asset short or long term.
- Large diameter surveys: Metro Rod has a wide variety of the latest CCTV camera units, and we survey larger drainers using crawler units which can provide a panoramic view of the drain condition.Surveys are carried out to the latest 5th edition of the WRC Manual of Sewer Condition and Classification, which is the industry standard.
If you would like to find out more, head to Find Your Local Service Centre and give your local office a call or an email and they will be happy to discuss the needs of your site. We are always happy to arrange a free site assessment and no obligation quotations for any work you might need. Alternatively you can call our emergency helpline on 0800 66 88 00.