We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
There may be several unfortunate reasons that can result in standing water in properties. The reason could be a burst pipe that has caused stagnant water or there could be a leaking pipe that has caused the water to accumulate over time. Sometimes rainwater can also cause floods and result in standing water inside the houses. The worst case, that could require urgent help, would be that there was a backflow of the sewage waste, usually caused by a blocked drain.
Whatever the reason may be, stagnant water is a serious issue that needs immediate action. The experienced engineers at Metro Rod (Aberdeen) can ensure a thorough solution. The situation itself is a nightmare but the consequences of not resolving the issue properly are also troubling.
First Precautionary Steps You Should Take
Whenever such a situation arises, there are certain precautionary steps that need to be taken.
- If the flooding is due to a burst or leaking pipe you need to immediately close the main water supply to avoid further damage.
- To avoid electrocution you need to shut down the electric supply of the flooded area.
- Contact the professionals at Metro Rod (Aberdeen) and seek our advice.
- Try to contain the flood and avoid it from moving to other rooms of your house.
- Remove any wet rugs and place them outside the house for drying
- If rain is not the reason for flooding you should open the windows for ventilation. Stagnant water can brew bacteria and other pathogens very quickly.
Possible Hazard of Stagnant Water to Your Health
Stagnant water is an ideal place for bacteria and mould spores to grow, especially if it’s is from sewage water. Stagnant water can also become a breeding ground for insects which can also start infesting houses where there is stagnant water.
How Stagnant Water Damages Your House
Stagnant water can cause obvious damage to your property. But if the water is allowed to remain standing, it can creep in the structure of your house and cause irreversible damage. It can rot the flooring and the walls. It can also damage the look of your house which can be costly to repair.
Actions Taken to Restore the House After Stagnant Water
When you call the expert professionals at Metro Rod (Aberdeen) to help you out with the situation you can expect us to resolve the problem quickly and thoroughly, due to our specialized tools and our extensive knowledge and expertise.
Our technician will:
- Remove all the water ensuring that there is no contamination left.
- Find the root cause of the problem and resolve it.
- Dry out the area ensuring there is no humidity left in the area that can cause damage.
- Sanitize the area to ensure that it is safe for use.
With their state of the art technology, the professionals at Metro Rod (Aberdeen) are able to minimize the damage that is caused by stagnant water. Call us now on 01358 723731 or drop us an email to [email protected]