A leaking pipe can cause a lot of damage to a home if left for too long, so if a Metro Rod engineer can’t get out to you as quickly as you’d like, then follow these steps for a temporary drain repair.
These steps for a temporary drain repair are not designed to be long-lasting and will only hold for a day or two, so make sure you get in contact with Metro Rod and we can arrange someone to fix it at the earliest convenience. When you find a leaking pipe in the house, you will immediately be worried about preventing any further water damage to your home and belongings, this temporary drain repair should give you that peace of mind until you can get a professional out.
Before you start on your temporary drain repair, you’re going to need to turn of the water supply, which is easy to do using the water isolation valve. Once you’ve done this, run your taps dry to drain the system, you can always bottle the water and put it to the side for later usage as the water supply will be off while you wait for this to work.
The Epoxy Putty solution: –
- Start by drying the area of the pipe that is damaged with a cloth
- Carefully use sandpaper to buff the area to create a smooth surface for the putty
- Mix the two parts of the epoxy putty together, following the packet instructions, and put the putty over the damaged area.
- Use a knife or smoothening tool to even out the surface of the putty.
- Leave it to harden, which should only take a few minutes but check the packet instructions.
- When you’re ready, turn the water supply back on and check to see if the putty has worked and created a good enough seal.
REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A TEMPORARY REPAIR AND YOU SHOULD HAVE A PROFESSIONAL LOOK AT IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
The Epoxy Putty will only work short-term and the leak is likely to come back after a couple of days. If left for too long a leaking pipe can result in flooding and damage to your home or business, as well as potentially contaminating with sewage water from you drains.
Metro Rod Bournemouth offer services from dealing with blocked drains, drain repair, CCTV surveys and septic tank maintenance. We believe in simple things and make sure we follow them through; available 24/7, professional, value for money service during and after the job and peace of mind in the fact that all our engineers are highly trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
Make sure you get in touch with us through any of the following:
Enquire through our website: https://www.metrorod.co.uk/local/bournemouth/
Get in touch with us via email: [email protected]
Call us on 01258 863745
We any drainage needs, we are the drainage experts. We look forward to hearing from you soon!