Responsible to: Sales and Marketing Director
Responsible for: Sales Administration Staff / Customer Contact Centre Staff (indirectly)
Base location: Macclesfield – with regular national Travel. Home Base will be considered for the right candidate
Grade / Salary: £40,000 per annum
Additional Allowances: Car Allowance (up to £6,000 per annum)
Discretionary / non-contractual commission scheme – subject to performance
The postholder will:
- Establish, maintain and develop a portfolio of national sales accounts, ensuring that they operate within clear and transparent service delivery frameworks, meeting and exceeding all reasonable client expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Primary focus of the role will be sales whilst maintain a slightly more subsidiary focus on account management and development (around 60 / 40 split but with flexibility).
- Work productively and co-operatively across functions with colleagues in other departments, to develop product knowledge associated with current and emerging client base, and to develop sales propositions to new business, thereby extend Metro Rod’s range and footprint of services.
- To support the Sales and Marketing function and peers nationally to increase overall revenue working strategically to ensure longevity with existing customers and form strong links in the development of new business leads.
- To work in a collaborative way with colleagues within the Franchise Operations Team and beyond to support Metro Rod’s growth and expansion into new business areas.
- To successfully manage organisational and cultural change whilst exceeding sales targets and running business as usual activities.
- To agree, develop and achieve sales targets in line with operational business objectives on a monthly and yearly basis.
- To contribute to management information associated with national sales helping to recommend and develop strategic plans and reviews which will support increased revenue and profitability;
- To plan, prepare and complete ad-hoc and regular action plans as required in response to changing economic conditions;
- To support the Sales and Marketing Director in implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
- To develop an understanding of key challenges for clients, minimising complaints and pre-empting any unsatisfactory service levels or complaints.
- When complaints do occur, to resolve client challenges and problems as they arise in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- To systematically participate in sales audits; identifying trends; determining sales system improvements and implementing any necessary operational changes.
- Meet and exceed sales targets where possible using forecasting tools;
- Managing annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating remedial actions.
- Matrix working with other National Sales Colleagues to establish corporate sales objectives;
- Maintains and expand customer base, building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Maximising any upselling or further recommendation opportunities;
- Horizon scanning and analysis of competitors to ensure that knowledge and Metro Rod’s contribution to the industry remains relevant.
Good general standard of education – including prevailing accepted qualifications (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Evidence of continuing professional development within a sales environment
|Knowledge||Broad understanding of selling strategies and techniques underpinned by proven experience and success at sales delivery.||Plumbing / Drainage sector / Utilities industry knowledge with an understanding of financial challenges facing current and prospective clients.|
|Knowledge of contract management /service level agreements|
|Experience||Proven experience of sustained achievement of sales targets – preferably within the sector / industry.|
|Experience of managing complex budgets and achieving value for money for the client.||Experience of working for a franchise / networked organisation.|
|Performance managing third parties and internal staff where necessary.|
|Skills and abilities||Excellent communication skills|
|Ability to multi-task|
|Excellent Verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to produce board reports.||Ability to work across multiple sites and to work remotely.|
|Ability to simplify complex information to non-technical audiences.|
|Ability to build rapport with staff and third parties staff at all levels|
|Ability to influence and negotiate|
|Ability to plan long term sales strategies|
|Behaviours / personal qualities||Innovative|
|Customer focused with a talent for selling a service and commitment to continuously improving the customer experience.|
|Ability to switch between detail and high level, strategic picture.|
|Able to foster a pro-active and positive working environment and culture.|
|Demonstrable leadership ability.|
|Looking for longevity / commitment with a developing organisation.|
Job Type: Full-time
Tel: 0808 250 5199