How does Metro Rod help Liverpool Freshers Week?
On first thoughts Metro Rod and Freshers Week in Liverpool don’t seem to have any connection what so ever but believe me, Freshers Week could be impacted if Metro Rod weren’t here to unblock the drains and keep the drains freely running in many places frequented in the Liverpool area by students!
Metro Rod are proud to work in the wider Liverpool area to ensure that there are minimal drain blockages and associated problems and we are on hand 24/7 to ensure that if there are any problems they are dealt with quickly. We work for a massive variety of clients associated with students and so we do have an impact on them and their experience in Liverpool.
Liverpool is home to approximately 70,000 students at any one time! It is considered a Student friendly city due to it’s friendly locals, relatively cheap living, good transport links and obviously the great universities! Liverpool has four Universities (three of which Metro Rod work regularly for) and these universities are renowned for their great standards of teaching. Once a student is in Liverpool though what is here for them to do, on Freshers week and beyond!?
- Liverpool is home to great Art Galleries and Museums. The Tate, The Walker, The Museum of Liverpool and World Museum Liverpool are all well worth a visit.
- Liverpool has not just one but two beautiful Cathedrals; The Anglican and The Metropolitan Cathedral, linked together by Hope Street.
- An article about Liverpool wouldn’t be complete without reference to the musical heritage that the city boasts. Great artists such as Gerry and The Pacemakers, The Searchers, Cilla Black, The La’s, The Farm, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and of course, a little known band (!) called The Beatles all hold their roots in this great city. Freshers Week and general student living in the city wouldn’t be complete with exploring the city’s musical links. This can be done by going on a Magical Mystery Tour, exploring The Beatles Story, visiting Mathew Street and the world famous Cavern Club (where we regularly maintain the drains!) There is also a festival every year in nearby Sefton Park, the LIMF.
- Following from above the nightlife in Liverpool is fantastic! This article from the Liverpool Echo outlines some of the highlights of the nightlife that we have, but there is truly something to suit everyone, from traditional pubs, live music, 80s bars, 90s bars and alternative venues also. Liverpool is also home to many Comedy Clubs that are dotted around the city, award winning restaurants, many world class theatres, in fact something for everyone.
- Liverpool has two premier league football teams – Liverpool FC and Everton FC. Stadium tours can be taken around both of these venues to find out a bit more about these teams and match day at either is an experience that must be had!
- Shopping in Liverpool is great. With Liverpool One being open in the City Centre as well as the Royal Albert Dock and other smaller shopping centres and markets anything that needs to be bought can be gotten here!
So, if you are heading to Liverpool as a student and will soon be enjoying Freshers Week here then ‘Welcome’ to our great city and remember that Metro Rod are always busy, unblocking drains and trying to ensure that your experience as a student here is memorable for all of the right reasons!
If you have any enquiries about Metro Rod and the great drainage services that we offer, from unblocking drains to unblocking sinks, pipes, gutters and downpipes, as well as providing pre planned maintenance for drainage systems then please get in touch with us:
Call us on 0151 909 2807
Go to our website, metrorod.co.uk/Liverpool
Connect with Jenny, our Business Development Manager on LinkedIn
If you have any drainage requirements at all on any sites, be it an investigation for blocked drains or a full site CCTV survey of newly installed drainage please get in touch, we are reactive, responsive and will sort out your drainage problems for you!