Blocked drains in the Hospitality Sector?
According to a survey by VoucherCodes.co.uk, the average person in the UK spends £44 per week on eating out. Whilst a further study by Point A Hotels confirmed that the average person now spends £62,000 on staying in hotels during their adult lifetime! Fun Fact: Did you know thatThe Angel at Hetton in West Yorkshire made it in the UK Top 50 Gastro Pub list this year? Check out the list here.
In the hospitality sector, blocked drains have the potential to cause major disruption and can even cause mean temporary closure for your business. Both restaurants and hotels of all sizes rely heavily on well-maintained drains. If drains are not maintained this could mean blocked toilets, kitchen sinks and grease traps. For example, half a million tonnes of fats, oils and grease from commercial kitchens enter the UK sewerage system every year and cause blocked drains. The grease sticks to the walls of our pipes and builds up, eventually leading to blocked drains. Fats and oils then damage wastewater equipment which generates costly repairs. Additionally, in the sector, you are faced with the general public who have a high tendency for putting items down the drains that our systems are not designed to cope with: wipes, nappies, sanitary products, cotton buds etc. These items also cause blocked drains.
We understand that those working in hospitality are constantly working 24-hour shifts, therefore, we make sure we are available 24/7, 365 days a year. This means Metro Rod West Yorkshire can support your establishment, ensuring there is no need for temporary closures due to blocked drains, toilets or sinks. We understand building customer relationships is key and therefore you don’t want a guest/customer waking up to a blocked toilet or smelly drains at 7 o’clock in the morning as your customer’s experiences can make or break a business’s reputation.
Here at Metro Rod West Yorkshire, we provide a professional, speedy and cost-effective resolution to blocked drains and other drainage problems due to our vast experience. Here are the services we can offer the hospitality sector:
- Blocked drains in your kitchen – it is extremely important to have well-maintained drains in a commercial kitchen. As mentioned previously fats, oils and grease enter the UK sewerage system from commercial kitchens can cause blocked drains. The grease sticks to the walls of our pipes and builds up, eventually leading to blocked drains. However, no matter what the cause of your drainage issue, we will be able to rectify this is the quickest and most efficient way possible.
- Clearance of blocked toilets – foreign objects are often flushed down toilets! Our engineers are constantly clearing blocked drains that are blocked due to wet wipes, cotton buds, sanitary items etc. In fact, one time, our engineers were called to a blocked toilet to find a whole toilet brush via a CCTV Survey, blocking the pipes! We offer specialist clearing services using the latest tools and technologies, enabling our engineers to tackle blocked drains in the best way possible.
- Pre-planned Maintenance – To protect yourself from the hassle of blocked drains and/or drain repair it’s essential to keep on top of regular drain maintenance. This includes regular inspections and cleaning to keep them in the best possible condition and prevent blocked drains and/or damage or collapses by wear and tear or neglect. Metro Rod West Yorkshire can routinely carry out Pre-Planned Maintenance (PPM) works across Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield and Wakefield.
- Grease Management – We can install a brand-new grease trap or replace an old grease trap. This will help prevent blocked drains and protect your pipes. However, if the grease trap is not maintained properly/frequently this will lead to blocked drains again. Once we have fitted your new/replacement grease trap we can schedule pre-planned maintenance to empty the grease trap and clean them. This can be as little or often as you need depending on what suits your business.
- Reoccurring blocked drains – CCTV survey is the answer. A CCTV Survey can accurately diagnose any underlying issues causing reoccurring blocked drains, which is critical for cost-effective maintenance. Metro Rod West Yorkshire are industry-leading experts in CCTV Surveys, pre-planned maintenance and drain repair, with innovative technologies. The iTouch Live CCTV System, for example, allows us to provide completely transparent and virtual, real-time reports directly to you. Using iTouch Live, the data collected from the site is streamed in real time to the local office for processing. In most cases, your inspection report has already progressed to the next step before our engineer has finished packing up his tools. With geography no longer a factor, our team of technical support managers are also able to provide instant technical assistance to each of our local offices, ensuring that even the most complex of cases is analysed efficiently. All of this means that we can conclude each of our inspection reports far more quickly than before, allowing us to closely evaluate the problem and report back to you on the most effective solutions to your problem. Each report can be delivered instantly through our live web portal, or should you prefer, we can still place a printed copy and a DVD in the post to you. As an alternative to the iTouch Live CCTV survey inspection, we can also offer reports using the traditional WINCAN reporting software.
The best way for establishments in the hospitality sector to ensure their drainage systems are running at peak capacity with no blocked drains is to keep on top of regularly maintaining the drains’ cleanliness. Contact us, and we can arrange for one of our team to attend the site at a time convenient to you and assess your exact requirements:
A Technical Site Surveyor will visit your premises to carry out a FREE site survey. They will analyse previous drainage problems and highlight areas of concern.
We usually recommend an initial clean that will return the pipework to full flow and optimum performance.
A tailor-made programme is prepared showing which part of your system requires more frequent attention.
By prior arrangement and at a time which is convenient for
you and your business, our engineers will carry out scheduled works as agreed. A tailor-made solution for your business.
If you’d like more information on blocked drains, and you’re in the West Yorkshire area, visit the Metro Rod West Yorkshire page to get in touch with our friendly team.