We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
We’re all affected by the weather here in the UK. Sometimes it’s too hot. Sometimes it’s too cold. But, most of the time it’s just too wet.
Extremes in weather affect us all in different ways. Dried out lawns in high summer. Soaking wet laundry left out in spring. Fence panels blown away in high winds.
Just take a look at how the weather affected this beach in North Wales; hundreds of starfish washed up on the sands at Talacre beach last week thanks to Storm Hannah.
But does all this extreme weather affect your drains? Well, you may not be surprised to hear, but the answer is; yes, A LOT!
Let’s take a look at the different weather conditions and how they can affect your drainage systems;
This one is pretty obvious to most. High winds can cause all sorts of issues when it comes to your drains. Whether that be domestic or commercial properties, no one is safe!
- High winds can blow debris into gullies. This causes build up of silt, dust, plant matter and general rubbish to settle in the drains and eventually cause blockages. Many businesses, such as construction sites, use Gully Guards in order to catch this debris and prevent it entering the drainage systems. But, these guards will still allow water to pass through, ensuring there is still flow.
Again, a pretty obvious one when it comes to weather affecting your drains. Particularly when combined with high winds!
- If winds blow debris into gullies, build up of silt and waste is inevitable. When heavy rain is mixed into this, you will more than likely have an overflowing and flooded gully on your hands.
The best way to combat the wind and the rain is to call your friendly neighbourhood drainage experts (that’s us!) to help! We have the mean to clear the gullies of debris and silt, restoring flow and ensuring that when the inevitable rains come, you don’t get flooded out!
Yes, even warm weather can affect your drains!
- If you have debris blocking up your drains (thanks to our good old friend Billy Wind above) you’re probably going to encounter some bad smells once the sun comes out to play. Even silt and garden waste build up can start to smell once its compacted into the tight pipework of your drainage system.
We at Metro Rod have the means to clear built up debris in your drainage system, all our vans are equipped with High Pressure Water Jetters, enabling us to clear debris on the move and fast!
So you always know, come rain or shine, we at Metro Rod Deeside are always there for your drainage issues!
Are you in need of a reliable and efficient drainage or plumbing solution? Metro Rod Deeside can help you and your businesses or homes with our drainage and plumbing services! Check out our contact details below!
Call us on; 0808 250 9915
Visit our websites; North Wales Area
Email Us; [email protected]
Or connect with Eleri, our Marketing Manager on LinkedIn too!
Metro Rod Deeside operate 24/7. Calls will always be answered directly by an experienced on call manager who can start diagnosing any drainage problems. Our on call manager will also assign you to an engineer who can be on site within a matter of hours. We operate throughout North Wales, including Anglesey, Chester and Wirral areas. We’re able to deal with problems such as;
- Blocked drains (internal or external)
- Sink, urinal and mainline drain blockages
- CCTV surveys of drainage systems
- Tanker Services
- Graffiti Removal
- Robotic Cutting
- Drain repairs – no dig or excavations
- Preventative maintenance