We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
You don’t want to be struck with a blocked or broken toilet! But if you are Metro Rod are the team to call.
Here are 15 fun facts about toilets:
• An average person will visit the toilet 2500 times per year
• Thomas Crapper invented the flushing toilet.
• Some other terms for the toilet include: washroom, outhouse, powder room, ladies, lavatory, potty, women’s room, bog, necessary, dunny.
• Only seven percent of Afghanistan homes have flush toilets.
• King George II of Great Britain died falling off a toilet on the 25th of October 1760
• The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet
• The toilet handle in a public restroom can have up to 40,000 germs per square inch.
• The first public lavatory with flushing toilets opened in London in the 1850s
• World Toilet Day takes place on 19 November each year
• We use an average of 57 sheets of toilet paper a day
• The first toilet cubicle in a public washroom is the least likely to be used: it is also the cleanest
• For those who fancy flushing money straight down the toilet, this one’s for them. A toilet paper roll made from 22-carat gold went on sale in 2013. Sold by the Australian company Toilet Paper Man, it was priced at a whopping US $1,376,900.
• There are 35 bathrooms and toilets in the White House. A lot of options for the U.S. first family to choose from.
Why these are our fun facts the real fact is, Metro Rod are the best drainage company around!!