We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
Across the Bristol and Bath area, Metro Rod see blocked drains every day and know what an inconvenience they can be.
Some signs that you will have a blocked drain are
- Toilet water not flushing
- Bad smells coming up from the pipes
- Pooling water near the sink, bath, dishwasher etc
- Gargling sounds coming up from the drains – the sound is trapped air escaping with the flow of water
If you have one or more of these problems then here a couple of things you can try yourself:
- Down the drain chemicals followed by boiling water
- The home remedy of 1 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of vinegar, waiting 10 minutes before flushing it through with hot water
- Using a plunger in the toilet to try and dislodge the blockage
If these solutions don’t work then get in contact with Metro Rod Bristol who can assess the situation and provide a more effective solution for unblocking your drains.
If you find you are constantly suffering from a blocked drain, then take a look at the top causes below to see if you are unknowingly doing something wrong;
- Food waste – we find that people often wash a lot of food waste down the sink or let it be washed away by the dishwasher. However, if you are doing this for chunks of food it will gradually build up in your drain pipes and cause a blockage. Especially with foods like bread, pasta and rice which will soak up water and expand after being washed away.
- Wet wipes – these make up the majority of blockages in homes across the UK, as they look like they will flush away like toilet paper, but they are often non-biodegradable. This means they don’t disintegrate quickly in water and then catch on other bits of dirt and fat which altogether build up creating blockages.
- Fats, Oils, Grease (FOG) – these create what are called ‘fatbergs’ in our pipes, they are washed and poured down the drain as liquids but as they cool, they will solidify into big masses in the pipes. They are then stuck and begin to collect more dirt and debris that is washed down.
- Cotton wool, cotton buds – these, and similar products, expand in water which means if you flush them down the toilet they will get bigger and start to create blockages, so its best to throw them in the bin.
If you are able to try and avoid flushing and washing these things down the drains then hopefully you wont be as susceptible to annoying blocked drains.
Metro Rod Bristol offer services across Bath, Bristol & Trowbridge, from dealing with blocked drains, drain repair, CCTV surveys and septic tank maintenance. We believe in simple things and make sure we follow them through; available 24/7, professional, value for money service during and after the job and peace of mind in the fact that all our engineers are highly trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
Make sure you get in touch with us through any of the following:
Enquire through our website: click here
Get in touch with us via email: [email protected]
Connect with us on LinkedIn: click here
Call us on 0808 208 2616
We any drainage needs, we are the drainage experts. We look forward to hearing from you soon!