We are fully committed to servicing all customers in the current circumstances. Our engineers are working hard 24/7 to support all domestic and commercial customers.
Metro Rod West Yorkshire Has Some Energy Saving Top Tips
Whether you’re a homeowner, business owner, private or social renter, or even live at home with your parents, there are multiple things you can do to reduce how much energy you use.
Everyone can take responsibility for the energy used in our homes and workplaces. Here’s a quick infographic provided by Energy Saving Trust.
By spending less time in the shower you can save up to £12 on energy bills. If everyone in a four-person household did this it would lead to a total saving of £75 a year.
If you’re looking for a new washing machine or dishwasher, you can now purchase new energy-efficient models. When using your machines, do you think about the size of your load? Generally, one full load uses less water than two smaller loads would! You don’t have a dishwasher? Well, when washing your dirty pots and pans you can save around 5 litres of water by using a bowl.
According to Energy Saving Trust, you can save around £36 a year from your energy bill by washing up with a bowl rather than a running tap; washing your clothes with family members/housemates washing, cutting back cycles instead of wasting water on half-empty loads and filling your kettle up with just the amount needed and not to the top.
#ThrowbackThursday Do you remember this video? Help save the #environment alongside saving money with our 5 top tips below. Does your workplace do enough for the environment? Read more: https://t.co/SqrpTN7M1Q pic.twitter.com/dCXhKeRFaZ
— Metro Rod West Yorkshire (@MetroRod_WY) December 19, 2019
It is important that you can spot leaks at home. Household leaks can waste billions of gallons of water and energy annually nationwide.
It is best to get the problem fixed before it causes any rotting or other expensive damages and racks up an expensive energy bill. Common types of water leaks found in the home are worn toilet flappers, dripping faucets, and other leaking valves. These types of water leaks are often easy to fix, for our engineers, that can pay for themselves in water savings. Fixing water leaks can save homeowners about 10% on their water bills.
How we can help? Do you need us to fix a water leak?
- Tap repair or replacement– If you’ve got a constantly dripping or leaking tap, one of our skilled engineers will diagnose what is causing the problem and then carry out repair work to solve the issue and stop it reoccurring in the future. Should a replacement be required, we can advise on tap replacement and arrange to carry out the work, using like-for-like parts.
- Repairing leaking or burst pipes– Our skilled plumbers will visit your property, isolate the water leak and repair or replace any damaged pipework, enabling the plumbing in your property to function correctly. Whether that means carrying out welding on copper pipes, using specialist fittings for plastic pipes, or cutting and reshaping pipes to alleviate the problems, we will ensure that our work prevents future leaks from occurring.
- Toilet replacement or repair – If you’ve got a leaking toilet, one of our plumbers can visit your property to identify what is causing the problem and carry out the repair – Our plumbers are trained to work on a variety of different types of toilets. If your toilet is not functioning correctly or leaking, we can either, replace the whole toilet with like for like parts or repair any problems.
- Radiator replacement– Our team of plumbers can help you identify the issue with your radiator, whether it’s a build-up of sludge or trapped air, our friendly team of engineers will visit your property to rectify the issue. If a replacement radiator is required, we will do this with an equivalent size and style radiator.
- Waste trap replacement or repair– Waste traps are designed to stop unpleasant odours from drains and sewers from entering your property. If you notice a pool of water under their sink or bath, for example, give our team a call today and one of our plumbers will work swiftly to identify the problem and make any necessary repairs to your waste trap.