You may or may not have noticed the ridiculous levels of rain we’ve experienced this week across the UK. With over flowing drains left right and centre and roads, in some cases, impassible. But when you spot flooding, who do you inform?


Flooded Roads?

If you notice flooding on any public roads, this is the responsibility of your local council. Sometimes you may find that the road gullies fill with silt during the dry weather. So once the rains come they overflow. But, there are instances where just the sheer volume of water entering the drains will cause flooding as the systems can’t keep up with that amount of water in such a short time frame. This has become increasingly common this week as we’ve seen across our region – just take a look at some of the flooded areas that have been spotted in our area!


Alyn Pub, Rossett

Alyn Pub, Rossett

Housing Estate in Lache, Chester

Housing Estate in Lache, Chester

Loggerheads, Mold

Loggerheads, Mold

Lane in Connah's Quay

Lane in Connah’s Quay



Rivers Burst?

We have multiple beautiful rivers in North Wales. While they are lovely areas, the damage they can cause is huge. When high volumes of rain cause water levels to rise, banks burst and cause issues that you see above. The River Alyn and the River Dee in North East Wales today have been causing all sorts of issues.


Main Sewer or Water Main?

If you notice a main drain/manhole overflowing in the street, this will be down to your water board to deal with. You should have a water bill from them so you know who to contact but if you’re unsure enter your postcode here over at


Private Drain on your own Property or Business?

If you are experiencing flooding on your own property from a private drain or gully, it’s the responsibility of the property or business owner to deal with. And this is where we at Metro Rod come in!

We have the equipment, experience and top trained engineers to help get rid of those blocked drains to restore flow and bring the water levels down.

Do your upmost to ensure the flooding doesn’t damage your home by placing sandbags round your entryways. Call 0808 250 9915 or 01244 288809 and we can have an engineer with you in a matter of hours.


Are you in need of a reliable and efficient drainage or plumbing solution? Metro Rod Deeside can help you and your businesses or homes with our drainage and plumbing services! Check out our contact details below!

Call us on; 0808 250 9915

Visit our websites; North Wales Area

Chester Area

Wrexham Area

Email Us; [email protected]

Find Us On; Twitter or Facebook or LinkedIn

Or connect with Eleri, our Marketing Manager on LinkedIn too!

Metro Rod Deeside operate 24/7 and calls will always be answered directly by an experienced on call manager who can start diagnosing any drainage problems. Our on call manager will also assign you to an engineer who can be on site within a matter of hours. We operate throughout North Wales, including Anglesey, Chester and Wirral areas. We’re able to deal with problems such as;

  • Blocked drains (internal or external)
  • Sink, urinal and mainline drain blockages
  • CCTV surveys of drainage systems
  • Tanker Services
  • Graffiti Removal
  • Robotic Cutting
  • Drain repairs – no dig or excavations
  • Preventative maintenance