Why Choose the Metro Rod Apprenticeship Scheme?
The Apprenticeship in Drainage Inspection Maintenance and Repair, has been designed specifically for Metro Rod.
An industry first, it focuses solely on drainage & plumbing, and has been built exclusively for Metro Rod and accredited by The Institute of Training & Occupational Learning (ITOL). The programme consists of 37 internal courses and 12 external courses to make it the most comprehensive apprenticeship within the drainage industry.
This bespoke programme means that we do not depend on colleges for training input. This brings two big advantages for your career development:
1) Your training and development will be individually tailored to make you a “multi skilled drainage specialist”. You will be mentored by expert drainage technicians and business owners with years of experience.
2) Your training and development take place while you are in the work-place and dealing with “live” problems – meaning you earn money as you learn.
The apprenticeship has been designed to provide a structured learning programme that will give you the necessary skills to become a successful and professional member of the Metro Rod community.
You will have a clearly defined start to your career path which not only gives job satisfaction but also develops you for greater responsibility and personal growth.
Starting out as an apprentice you have the opportunity to grow yourself into a senior drainage engineer, a manager or even a business owner. There are two routes you can follow:
Being an Apprentice for Metro Rod
Metro Rod is a franchise business. This brings many advantages to you as an apprentice.
Working for a Local Business
You will be directly involved in a local depot, being mentored by expert drainage technicians and the business owner. Each business within the Metro Rod network shares common values:
- Commitment: to their employees and to the local community
- Loyalty: to create strong personal bonds with all employees
- Stability: to offer employees structure in their working life and career
Working for Metro Rod will feel like you are part of a new family, where support, guidance and education are our priority. We want you to love what you do and who you do it for.
Working with a National Brand
Not only do we have the advantages of being a local depot, but Metro Rod is also a powerful national brand that aims to grow both the business and the employees that are part of it.
We offer an extensive national support system and have access to drainage experts to learn from. You may start as an apprentice, but will be given the opportunity to further your technical capabilities and all round business knowledge, from marketing and sales to people and operational management.
We pride ourselves on the team ethos we have created at Metro Rod and would love to see you become a part of our family.
What Will You Learn
You will be on your own learning pathway which means that you will be working and being trained ‘on the job’.
The programme is split 3 phases, all of which are delivered while you “earn as you learn”:
What Do Our Apprentices Say?
How To Apply?
Please send the following information to [email protected]
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Location you are based/or wish to work
- A brief statement on why you would like to join the Metro Rod apprenticeship scheme